'Vitamin Sea' Wellbeing Workshop
(Delivering Via Zoom or Face to Face)
Saltwater Creations provides an interactive, real life story-telling workshop, about how the sea can help with positive mental and physical well-being.
In a surf themed workshop, a picture board of real life activities and fun interactive tasks brings the workshop alive and leaves the participants wanting to head straight to the beach!
The workshop includes a mini surf demo and the practice of mindfulness through pebble painting. In face to face workshops each participant keeps their pebble to leave somewhere as an act of kindness and pass on positivity to others. In the zoom session participant will be guided how to source their own pebbles.
- Enlighten people about the seaside and encourage visits and under new activities at the beach
- Provide empowerment tools for people to be the best they can and for them to encourage others to do the same through acts of kindness
- Create unlimited beliefs
- Develop 'can do' attitudes and growth mindsets
- Build resilience, confidence and perseverance
- Reduce loneliness in lockdown
- The curative nature of the sea
- Personal well-being
- Basic beach safety
- Coping with adversity
- Respect and appreciation of the sea
- Trying new experiences without having fear and apprehension
- Adapt to, and accept change with a positive attitude
- How to start to surf
- Think and operate without limited beliefs
- Gratitude and respect for nature around us
- Respond to others people's values and needs with an open mind
- Helping others, kindness, respect
Please note: This workshop is based on a real life story of the unexpected death of a young person, and although presented with great sensitivity we are aware that some schools/organisations may wish to communicate this with the recipient’s pre- workshop participation. This can be requested to be left out from the workshop.
'The way that Jules covered the topic of death was light, positive and tactful. It made it easy to address the issues surrounding death without making anyone feel sad'. Ms West, EBS School, Bognor Regis
Who are the workshops for?
Age 5 yrs upwards.
The Saltwater Workshop is currently being delivered by Zoom via registration link or face to face and is approximately 30-45 minutes long.
Is there a cost?
Saltwater Creations CIC works to identify funding partners to deliver the workshops free to young people and vulnerable people. The workshops are available to Corporates and profit making organisations for a small fee.
To book on to a Saltwater Workshop please contact us here.
To see testimonials from our workshops click here
*Saltwater Creations holds Public Liability, Child Safeguarding Policy, hold an Enhanced DBS and has attended a Youth Mental Health Aware course and is Mental Health Aware.